Sunday, March 5, 2023

New favorite tool: the adjustable strap wrench


I have always been interested in DIY projects and handy tools that can make my life easier. Recently, I was browsing AliExpress and I came across the adjustable strap wrench. It looked like a simple tool that could be used for removing oil filters when doing engine service. I decided to order one and see if it was useful.



When I received it, I was impressed by its build quality and design. The adjustable strap wrench is a tool that has a long metal handle and a rubber strap that can be tightened or loosened around different objects. It can grip objects of various shapes and sizes without damaging them. It is also easy to use, you just wrap the strap around the object, adjust the tension with the thumb screw, and turn the handle in the desired direction.

I tried using it for removing oil filters from my car engine and it worked like a charm. The strap wrench gripped the filter firmly and allowed me to unscrew it with minimal effort. It also prevented any oil spills or leaks from the filter. I was very happy with this tool and how it made my engine service easier.

But that was not all. I discovered that the adjustable strap wrench was multipurpose and practical in many situations. For example, I used it for holding shock absorbers when removing them from my Land Rover Defender as they tend to spin. The strap wrench held them securely and prevented them from rotating while I loosened the bottom nut.




I also used it for removing and tightening pipe fittings for plumbing jobs. The strap wrench could fit around pipes of different diameters and materials without scratching or denting them. It also gave me more leverage and control than a regular pipe wrench.

And finally, I used it for removing the caps off jars that were too tight or stuck. The strap wrench could open any jar lid with ease without hurting my hands or breaking the glass. It was a great tool for kitchen tasks as well.



The adjustable strap wrench is now my new favorite tool and for the price on AliExpress, I’d say it’s worth its weight in gold. It is a versatile and handy tool that can be used for many purposes and projects. It saves me time, energy, and frustration while working on different tasks. If you are looking for a useful tool that can do many things, you should try an adjustable strap wrench too.

No comments:

Post a Comment